Switching between track settings causes screen flicker [RESOLVED]

When using shift + pad to switch between different track’s settings page, there’s a screen flicker that looks to partially show the pattern screen.

Steps to recreate:
Start from the main pattern screen
Press and hold [shift] and tap pad 1

• the track settings page appears
    Release [shift]
    Press and hold [shift] and tap pad 2
  • the pattern screen briefly flashes
  • the track settings page appears
    (repeatable)

This happens whether or not the transport is playing, and can reproduce from an empty project on startup.

Firmware version: S2400_20230310

If do this exactly, I see no flashes.

However, I can see a flash when doing:

but slightly/briefly pressing pad 1 before reaching pad2 with the same finger/thumb.

Or maybe the refresh rate in your eyes is faster than mine, though I have sensitive eyes when I comes to old monitors or beamers.

video for reference. It happens whether or not you release the shift key between hitting pads

It might have something to do with super fast pad double triggering. Just noticed that if I do what you do, shift+pad then press the same pad again it exists track settings and go back to pattern mode for example.

By the way, you don’t need to keep shift pressed to go to another track settings window. Press another pad and it’s done. (just saying this in case someone who reads this topic doesn’t know).

1 Like

well that helps a ton, thank you! if I don’t use shift again it does not flicker, only when pressing shift + pad again when already in the track settings window

1 Like

That flicker is gone in the latest beta version. But, yeah, no need to use shift.

2 Likes