Pads need to be pushed twice after loading a new sample, since latest update 0428

Hi! Since the latest update 0428, the pads on my S2400 need to be tapped twice after loading any new sound to any new pad.
When I start the S2400, all pads trigger on the first hit. As soon as I add a new sample to a new pad, all pads are muted on the first hit, and I have to hit them twice to hear the sound. Restarting the S2400 resolves the issue, but is annoying. Appreciate the help. T

This has been reported several times. It is by design, but since nobody likes the feature, the behavior is reverted in the next version.

3 Likes

ok thank you! I looked through the topics, but wasn’t sure if they addressed this specific point. Appreciate the clarification :slight_smile:

best,

Teun

1 Like

If I understand correctly, this happens when you are in the Track Settings screen. Just leave the screen by pressing Back button and the pads will work as expected. No need to restart the machine.

1 Like

correct @kulturhaus

BTW I like this feature! But if Shift+Pad will still switch to a different track settings silently (like it does now), then I guess it’s fine too.

1 Like

Curious as to what the logic is behind this change? I cant wrap my head around why this would be beneficial to workflow. It seems to me like such a random decision to make a stark change to what is one of the most fundamental “moves” within the workflow on this machine.

I’ve moved back to the previous firmware because it was driving me crazy

Is the main benefit that selecting another track is silent in track settings? I do see the rationale. Tho I guess my brain would not be upset if the pad just fired a sound on single press ever time with exception of shift+pad or bank+pad (or any other such combo).

It’s very logic for live session !