Software change MIDI THRU to 2nd MIDI OUT?

hi, so I am having a blast making the s2400 as the centre of the studio. Replacing Cirklon and Squid. But s2400 really needs a Second midi OUT. I am using a Midi Solutions Quadra thru to sequence 6 synths with 2 using midi daisy chaining.

But I also want to send midi clock out another port to the Roland TR-8S and Dreadbox Typhon sequencer etc… So is there a possibility of changing the functionality of the THRU to be a 2nd OUT?
Thanks

That is not possible.
The MIDI Thru jack is hard-wired to the MIDI Input jack.

1 Like

hi Mickey, yeah I figured that was the case, as usual. Work around is “buy a second unit.” :wink:

1 Like

or plug an USB2MIDI box into the USB host port

Would something like this work with the S2400 and would it recognize it?

ugh, no idea, I was thinking more a small cheap thingy. i can test some when I am back in 10 days

1 Like

I got a MOTU midi timepiece just for this.

Converting the S2400 clock out mini jack clock to midi clock would be the ideal situation.
Surely there is someone out there that has a box to do this?

1 Like

I have an old school Midiman 4x4/S. It takes 4 MIDI ins and has 4 MIDI outs. You can actually program which MIDI ins go to which outs, but the software is for Windows 95 and you need a serial port to program it lol! However, in the factory configuration, all MIDI ins are sent to all MIDI outs simultaneously, so it might work for what you’re trying to do! I paid like $40 on eBay give it a shot!

1 Like