Interchangeable clock in/out jacks

not sure if it’s possible with the hardware, but it would be awesome to have 16th notes, etc. out of the clock out jack, and also send a separate start/stop trigger out of the clock in jack. or vice versa.

1 Like

I agree. Unfortunately, the jacks are not bidirectional.

1 Like

Good idea, even just an extra clock out would be great for me. If there was some way to re-purpose the audio jack outs as triggers that would be even better.

Multi analogue clock/trigger outs would be of interest to many with modular setups I would have thought and would increase the customer base for S2400s.

1 Like

maybe isla could develop a breakout module like the cirklon? could assign gates to trigger samples (say, from a euclidean circles module), turn the looper on/off, send run/stop, etc.

1 Like

Yup! I was thinking about just this when waiting for mine to arrive. It seems like it is so well suited to greater integration into modular world…or rather could/should be.

1 Like

maybe isla could develop a breakout module like the cirklon? could assign gates to trigger samples (say, from a euclidean circles module), turn the looper on/off, send run/stop, etc

You may be able to do this all (or most of it) with a cv/gate to MIDI converter instead of a breakout box

True, it’s nice when it’s all in house though and they have already provided that one multi use clock out so it seems a shame that there is only one of them. I bet the circuit isn’t that complicated and it looks like there is space for a few more mini jack outs on the back.

I know it ain’t going to happen though! the development path they are on is heading in another direction.

1 Like