Shift timing in tr-mode and other ideas

First post here: love the s2400, thank you guys for creating a great machine!

I have a few ideas which would enhance the s2400 workflow to me, hope you guys would consider these:

• I would love it if, besides reversing a slice, a slice would play in reverse if the startpoint is after the endpoint.
  • One of my fav features on the elektron machines is the ability to microshift timing of a sound by pressing a step and using the arrow keys. Could this (theoretically) work on the s2400 tr-mode as well? Pressing down one of the steps and using the arrows to shift a sound left/right in ‘fine’ timing? This would make tr-mode way more usefull for us off-beat hiphop guys…
  • Also in tr-mode, maybe you could show off-grid events by showing them as lit up but with a more faded color.
  • It would be great if there was a way to toggle between quantised and fine recording with a simple key combination like: toggling rec+play, or double pressing quantize (or does this do something else already?).

Peace!

3 Likes

The timing nudge in the TR mode would be the final piece of the puzzle for me. You can indeed shift a step, but it then disappears from the step sequence. Leaving it on the step with an applied nudge amount would be a dream come true.

2 Likes