Sample does not play

I’m seeing an issue where a sample doesn’t seem to play / load. I hear a click when I press the pad the sample is assigned too. Also, I don’t see the waveform. I’m also unable to exit from Loop/Slice moor

Hi,

This looks like a bug that was fixed in the recent OS update. Can you make sure you’re up to date:
https://forum.islainstruments.com/t/s2400-firmware-updates/2044/99

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry for the delay replying. I’m on the latest OS from April. I’m thinking the issue may be related to my SD card. I saw the issue while using a 4GB card. I’m not seeing the problem when using a 64 GB card. I’ll report back if I see the behavior again.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced this as well on the card it came with.

Currently I’m seeing a similar behavior except without the click. (Loaded up a project that was playing fine before saving/power cycling/reloading…) Now some samples simply don’t playback :frowning:

More detail: The samples that are not sounding are clearly assigned in the track parameters, and are visible in the loop/slice editor. I can see the events making the pad blin during playback… just no sound is generated

Overall-- I really love working on this unit… but some of these bugs are just soul-crushing… Glad to see the team is engaged and committed.

Team-- Is there any reason a sample would just not sound if the level, filter, start/stop points, etc are all set appropriately? Am I missing some secret restriction on outputs or voices that would internally change without any user adjustment? There’s clearly something going on…

Odd “fix” to the above:
-Turned the machine off for the night, and when the s2400 auto-reloaded the project the next day, everything played as normal. :man_shrugging:

The card it came with? :eyes:

2 Likes

I 100% experienced this behavior with the card it came with, as well as an attempted replacement card.

The S2400 doesn’t come with an SD card?

2 Likes

Ha, well, my fuzzy memory there :wink:

So, are you saying, “It sounds likely the two modern SD cards you happen to put in are likely the culprit”?

I’m skeptical this is the culprit, but am happy to test and would be happier to see this issue go away!

Can you point me to detailed specs for “compatible” SD cards? --since the ones I have here and have been using (with other samplers in fact) may not be sufficient…?

It’s not unusual to go through two or three cards before finding one that works well. The S2400 really pushes the limits with data transfer. Most people seem to have good experience with the Sandisk Extreme Pro 128 or 256, but even then we’ve seen failures on those.

If this is the case, is there a specific card that Isla can recommend?

1 Like