S2400 User Manual (Updated April 28th 2023)

Could links from the pdf manual to corresponding sections of the video manual be helpful?

thanks…but i ask for those times when offline (or the net is down) and only having the file of the manual available.

1 Like

Is the manual going to be updated to reflect the new firmware update?

it already has

2 Likes

The Manual seems more like a dictionary than a manual, it tells what the words mean more than how to do things. haha

1 Like

Solution: use in conjunction with Alex’s videos.

3 Likes

power up: play:

rtm when you need it :slight_smile:

although as the machine moves fwd at crazy pace some little parts ere n there are now getting out of date

1 Like

Next time there is a big update it would be nice if you can update the F-Key Quick Reference tables.
Here are the differences between the manual and the machine concerning 2021-11-22 firmware.
Not sure in which scenario you’d need to rename a pattern while modifying envelopes but it’s here anyway :slight_smile:

You are assuming that the manual is wrong, but in this case the help is wrong.

1 Like

Also link on this page goes to manual with the name 2021-10-01, is that the latest?

https://www.islainstruments.com/docs-downloads/

It is not…

Now that the pressure is off a little (as regards backorder, manufacturing and shipping) , would it be a lot of werk to have the manual available in kindle format as well as pdf? It would need a little re-editing: maybe larger typeface and less text per page and maybe some repositioning of diagrams and screenshots but shouldn’t be too difficult.
I am finding the Kindle is the best way to use a manual, particularly one which is still being regularly updated. I’m not wanting to print out PDFs these days especially if they become obsolete after a month or so. And PDFs are rarely readable on a Kindle.
Mpc samples.com have been providing Kindle files with every manual update for some time now and it’s been very welcome here.
Or do most people use a tablet to do the same thing?

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea and I believe that there are programs
that the writers can use that can automatically format
in a kindle, a pdf and ibook Apple format all at once.
And your right, changes could be pushed out in all the
formats just as easily.
I prefer the text and readability in the Kindle format too.

1 Like

Put some respek on the S2400 manual. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

thems some thick sides you got there- looks good, but do you have the hard case? I can barely fit the stock wood sides in mine.

1 Like

Thanks! Sides are 3/4" treated plywood. Nothing fancy. Made them myself. I do have the case. It fits but I would have to use a thinner side foam. I could also sand the insides of the panels and then repaint them. I have different sizes of the screws from Amazon.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing the thread spacing/pattern of the screws with me, I happen to be working on my own 3/4" curly maple side right now. Thanks

This is the screws I used:

Keep in mind they have different type of caps/heads for the same screw. Just type " M3-0.5 x 25mm" on Amazon. You probably knew all this…just in case.

I don’t have measurements, but for the spacing pattern of the screws I just removed the aluminum sides and placed them on the wood (pre cut) pieces and marked the outer area and the holes with a long tip marking pencil. The used the jigsaw…etc.

MAKE SURE you drill the holes in a straight angle. Some of the holes I made were not 100% straight and made it difficult to install one of the sides.

2 Likes

I’ve sent the pdf to my Kindle using the email to kindle method. It worked quite well with the exception of the images which don’t translate over nicely. I think the only other issue was the section titles had repeating letters so it reads like a boxing announcer, for example, “Paaaattttterrrrn Seetttiinnnnngggsss”.

If you can put up with that, you should try it!