Friendly suggestion to make the Youtube channel better

So, as a Youtuber myself and frequently relying on the video manual (very helpful btw), I had some suggestions to whomever is running the Isla Instruments Youtube channel.

Some things that are making it difficult to use are that video title first says “Isla Instruments S2400 Video User Manual:” which is a LOT to start each video with and leaves little to no descriptor of the video to be gleaned from reading the title.

A better titling would be “Part 9: Sync, MIDI, & USB - Isla Instruments S2400 Video User Manual”

or even: “Sync, MIDI, & USB - Isla Instruments S2400 Video User Manual Part #9

That way when in any view, the user can see exactly what the video is about first, since they almost certainly are already there for information about the S2400 anyways.

Also, larger thumbnail text would be awesome. In a world of smartphones and laptops, tiny text in a thumbnail is hard to read and doesn’t make itself obvious. I make my thumbnails zoomed out so I’m looking at them 1"x2" to simulate how a viewer will see them. Making the text nice and big is a necessity for viability.

Current:

Suggested update:

Anyways, you guys are killing it- just wanted to share some suggestions to make things even better than they already are. Cheers!

6 Likes

that’s a great point, Scott.
thanks for the suggestion!

4 Likes