S2400 Display loose?

I noticed that my LCD display is loose, so when i pickup the S2400 and place it somewhere else it appears as if the LCD display has tilted.
Looks like it has a seperate glass screen that is seperate of the actual LCD display.

My question ? How is it normally fixed in place ?
Can i correct this myself by opening up the S2400 and fixate that glass screen in place ?

I am in the EU so sending it back for service is not really an option now.

I was able to fully replace the screen. I opened a support ticket and they sent me a screen replacement with very good instructions on how to fix it myself. You may just need to open the case and tighten down the enclosure but I think you should open a support ticket so that they can provide you with these instructions directly.

It looks like i have a piece of glass that can move around. The actual display seems to be in it’s place.
I will try to open a ticket next and see with what they come with.

A bit dissapointed in the build quality to be fair.

The same happened to my S2400. I was able to fix it. Probably best to open a ticket and have ISLA support repair it

I fixed it …
Opened a ticket and they told me that it can be attached properly again using double adhesive tape.
This time, instead of using the rather thin tape i used thicker double adhesive tape and also covered the entire display area.

Fairly simple to reach it, eventhough it will cost some time because of all the screws and taking extra care not to scratch or mess up anyhting.
I grew up with flat ribbon cables, IDE cables and connectors so i didn’t had to do anything out of my comfort zone.

If anybody ever needs help doing the same i can guide you through.

P.s. Nice to see how nicely the machine is build. Especially the kudo’s and credits etched on the mainboard are touching and show the amount of love and dedication that was needed to create it.
Really neatly build and (apart from the way the display was mounted ) it is very very nicely done.

2 Likes