Resample cutting off first few seconds of the sample

Hello - I think I found a bug in the latest updated version of the firmware. When I resample something the first few notes seem to get cut off. I’ve only tested it 3 or 4 times but it happens consistently for me. I have the sample stored in the project folder on an SD card. Not a long sample either - under 20 seconds. Anyone else encountering this?

This has been fixed (see latest firmware update).

1 Like

I can confirm 2/9/21 firmware update still does this when repitching upwards is closer to +20 or when repitching several times. You begin to lose the beginning of the sample.

I have this issue too - it is intermittent but it’s happened two times now. I take a sample, I resample it to 26k 12bit with pitch like selected, I hear the sample play back as it converts, but when I play it the first half of the sample is cut off. Restarting my machine rectifies this issue. I’m using latest firmware.

1 Like

Yep this is happening in the latest update.

1 Like

can you provide both the original and the resampeld file and what settings you used when that happens?

1 Like

happened to me the other day as well. sampled in a 7 second audio track. resampled – cut on the beginning for a couple seconds.

did it again same result. latest firmware march 17th

doesn’t happen all the time, odd

2 Likes

its especially noticeable on kicks that are starting instantly, and moves a little each time resampled.

The resample function was not designed to be used repeatedly. It was designed to resample 48K or 44.1K samples to 26K. Resampling 26K to 26K will require some additional programming.

Cool makes sense Mickey thanks - I was just experimenting to see what the repeated round trip would do to a sample :slight_smile: