Real time resample of external FX

I just asked a similar question here Workflow advice for sampling external sequences

I also crave a simple workflow to bounce a loop with external FX printed, or bounce a tight loop of an external synth.

Have you tried the new bounce function? I’m not sure it will work as you’d need it to be playing the unaffected track via one of the 1-8 outputs, through some fx, and back into an input, but ONLY record the input (I think it might currently include the unaffected audio too which is no good).

EDIT: I think it depends what happens to the numbered outputs when you “bounce pattern”. If they playback normally but are excluded from the bounce, then I think we can make it work. If they are muted or included in the recording, I think we’re stuck.

EDIT2: Just tried… during pattern bounce it does continue to playback the unaffected audio through the specified output (in my case #6), and it records the audio back from the FX unit (in my case going back into input #3). Unfortunately it also captures the unaffected audio, so I don’t think it’s currently possible to use pattern bounce to capture only the wet affected audio. Shame; I’ll raise a feature request for a toggle on the pattern bounce page that would record “master outs only” and therefor would allow us to remove the raw audio from the bounced recording.

3 Likes