Ping-pong loop

+1

1 Like

+1 :bomb:

1 Like

can you maybe give us a list of samplers which have ping pong looping please?

octatrack does ā€¦ Ableton simpler shockingly doesnt!!!

2 Likes

All of the current range of MPC for one.

Here is a list of the samplers that I own that have Ping Pong looping feature;

AKAI
S700 & X7000
S950
S1000
S2800
MPC3000
MPCX

CASIO
FZ-1

E-mu Systems
Emulator II
Emulator III
Emulator 3XS
EMAX & EMAX 2

Elektron
Analog Rytm MK2
Digitact
Machinedrum UW
Octatrack

Kurzweil
K2500RS

Roland
S-50
S-550
S-770

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing those vids. Iā€™m now sold on ping-pong mode

+1

2 Likes

dude that is awesome, thanks for your time sir!

Waitā€¦.the MPC-3000 doesnā€™t have a looping feature or ping pong looping, for that matter. Unless Iā€™m missing something hereā€¦.?

The S1000, FZ-1 and MPC 3000 donā€™t have ping-pong looping. The MPC 3000 doesnā€™t even have forward looping.
I love ping pong looping though. I use it all the time in the S950.

true about the 3000, no looping at all, but many rackmount samplers have it. my s612 does it very nicely and its been in every akai rack since, although strangely not in the S1000 for some reason, forward looping only in that one. ping pong lets you take a short even sounding tonal sample and turn it into something like a pad with very little effort. that feature combined with polyphonic multi mode would be very interesting.

1 Like

great news guys ios sampler app ā€˜Koalaā€™ has ping pong looping now!!!

1 Like

FYI; 3000 /w Vailixi ā‰„ 3.5 OS, loops, ping-pongs, and allows adjustment of loop points in realtime during sequence replay
( ~ ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā° )

1 Like

Umm, no.
S1000 allows for not one, but up to eight loop points to be specified in a sample.
FZ-1, also supports looping and both are capable of x-fade and ping-pong.

1 Like

yes the S1000 it does 8 loops but only forward looping. MPC3000 has no looping at all. I own both S1000 and a 3000 and my MPC has Vailixi. and really want to be wrong on this cause I would absolutely love to have looping on my 3000 but trust me it does not.

Yeah Iā€™d like to see this come to the s2400 itā€™s a simple but such an effective workflow it can not be that hard to implement it and i also asked for the ability to import midi files which never happened so good luck with this request

1 Like

I own all three and many more different samplers.
The S1000 and FZ only have forward looping.
No ping-pong.
There is ping-pong/alt looping on the S612, S950, EPS16+ and Roland S750 that I own and itā€™s the best. I use it all the time.

1 Like

+1

+1

This is a basic feature but highly effective

I think we all could really benefit from basic features like these along with key shortcuts and bug fixes to improve the overall work-flow and functionality of the s2400 instead of focusing heavily on big asks first.

Koala sampler just implemented this and itā€™s been a nice feature in Ableton forever now.

1 Like

+1 need this for my sample-based workflow as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1

Ping-pong or bi-directional looping is terrific. Some basic crossfading algorithms would also be great to smooth the loop points. This is my favorite part of the Ensoniq EPS line. Their ability to quickly turn a short sampled sound into a pad or to help a short sound fill out more space with a clean loop and an envelope.

3 Likes