Pad Replacement Options

I’m requesting that replacement pads be added to purchase on the website and perhaps an even more grippy pad would be best, sort of like the MP’s pad texture. The material on the s2400 is too slippery and feels like it would wear out very easily.

3 Likes

I agree - the option would be nice.

Unpopular opinion: I think the pads are the weakest part of this machine… not as pleasant to me to use as other machines I own.

I would even guess that if there’s a “v2” or “mkII” version of the S2400, the pad type will be updated.

Has anyone tried reaching out to MPCStuff (Fat Pads) to make a set for S2400?

Never used dem Fat Pads before; but always read they were really nice.

Neve went Fat Pads, since I was always very content with the oem, stock pads on the mpc60… they were perfect - nice bounce & reaction, rubberiness, grip & feel, texture, etc.

Read it was the same for the other classics too (nice oem pads) - 3k, 2000xl, etc.

2 Likes

Good question

Right but the mkII is far away. They still have so much to unlock with this one. Such as a final stable OS that rids all bugs and not to mention the expansion cards etc. But yeah some pad options would be dope. Colors, different feel etc.

2 Likes

Given the number of replacement pads we’ve sent out (1 out of over 3000 machines dispatched, and that was last week) I’m not sure there’s any sort of viable demand for this.

Edit: if anyone needs replacement pads, they can always raise a support ticket.

2 Likes

Besides tech support issues, I hope one day we have options like fat pads or pads in other colors. A lot of people myself included like to customize their gear. Magnetized “skins” would be dope too. If we look at the history of samplers, customizing gear has always been a big part of it.

The point made was a replacement pad with a better feel. You can market it as upgraded pads. There’s wasn’t a demand for side panels until you put the option out there right. But cool

1 Like

i also would love pads with more grip (like the mpc ones) but i doubt, that there is enough demand (yet) in order for someone to produce them.

would be interesting to know, how many people it would take, to produce a small batch of new pads, so that it would be profitable for isla inst.

… maybe make a poll or ask mike from mpc-stuff.com. they sell a mpc padset for about 40-60usd.

At this point it is what it is.

My pads are faded. I don’t mind it to be honest.

If there was a chance for more pads.

Could you guys look into different custom colours?

And mayb even plain clear pads? So the whole pad lights up? I’d love this. :heart_eyes:

Could this be a thing?

Once again, Thank you kindly for the hard work guys.

it would be cool to have the same type of buttons on the numeric keybad as the pad buttons.

1 Like

I read a while back that it’s a little tricky making a new, custom pad because the pad and the mute/solo buttons are actually all one big pad. Anyone know an outfit willing to take that on? I’d personally like a fatter pad.