Organize tracks: track and sequence not locked together while duplicating [FIXED]

I have a number of tracks in my project. One of them is on A8. There are notes in the sequencer for A8. Using ‘organize tracks’, I move A8 to B1. After that I move B1 back to A8. Now the sample is on track A8, but the sequence is still on B1.

Sounds like a bug with toggle fix track in patterns. Could it be that the F1 key is illuminated for A8 but not B1?

I did not check that at the time of the incident. Right now F1 is lit for all.

Might be user error, since I was not paying enough attention to F1 being lit. I’m just used to not using F1. Just F4 and F7…

Whenever it may occur again, I will get a better reproduction path.

I got it locked down now for shure :wink:

The bug is not caused by the use of F4 and F7. It actually is caused by F2 (duplicate). The F2 function is not respecting the F1 status.

So if I have tracks on A1 and A2 (including a sequence) and I duplicate A1, then afterwards I have:

• A1 correct
  • A2 inherited the sequence of the old A2
  • A3 has no sequence anymore

I think it should work like this:
If F1 is lit, then the sequence of the original track should also be duplicated and all other tracks should be locked to their sequence
If F1 is not lit, then the duplicate should have no sequence data and all other tracks should still be locked to their sequence

2 Likes

@syah71 Thanks for the detailed steps to reproduce the issue. The bug with other tracks’ pattern data not moving is fixed in dev and will be in the next update.

Not duplicating the pattern data for the duplicated track is by design. The consensus is that duplicating all the events in every pattern is typically not expected. And, if that is desired, it can be accomplished in Step Program mode.

1 Like

That is too bad, I would find it useful to copy pattern data when duplicating a track via organize tracks.

If copying the pattern isn’t your objective it is much easier to delete the pattern data of the duplicate track than it is for me to go through the extra process of entering step program mode and then copying the data.

2 Likes