Option to have ADSR instead of AHDSHR envelopes please

For me AHDSHR envelopes are too much in most scenarios, especially as they are percentage based, it makes adjustment unnecessarily fiddly/annoying. I’ve never come across 6 stage envelopes on any of my previous synths or samplers, ADSR seems to be the standard. A simple check box on the track settings would allow us to choose, and not cause any backward compatibility issues.

3 Likes

Yes pleeeeeaaaaassseee.
Did the og have ahdshr?

1 Like

S2400 also has the original envelope

Which is?

A simplified Sustain/Release - check manual for more detailed info.

HOLD after ATTACK is often very useful for drumsounds, isn’t it?

ADSR is all you need in most scenarios but the 6 stage could be there as an option if you needed

1 Like

I’ve been using my S2400 almost daily for nearly the past three years and the envelope editor screen is the only part of this machine I have yet to get comfortable with.

1 Like

I’m just getting back into it having not used it for about a year - the time based envelopes are tricky enough to work with on the small screen, the 6 stages are endlessly frustrating :grimacing:

As far as I’m aware, all MPCs up to the 4000 just had attack/decay. The classic Akai samplers (s950, 3000 etc) had ADSR. I don’t actually know of a hardware sampler with 6-stage envelopes, AHDSHR is more like an envelope you’d get on a plugin where it’s much easier to interact with. Overkill on the S2400 and is an obstacle rather than an aid, certainly for me. Hope it can be changed.

1 Like

Holds to “ZERO”… You’re welcome.

1 Like