No LP/HP filters in loop slice multimode

Hey

Just checking I’m right in thinking you can’t apply low and high pass filters to individual pads when in loop slice multi mode. Looks like LP filters are only available in pitch and volume multi mode…

What I’m trying to achieve; when chopping breaks I want to tidy up the low end on hats within a break without changing the lows on the overall break.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Hey there. I can confirm that you can modify pitch, slice, and filter res/cutoff (and I believe even filter type but can’t remember) on a per-pad basis in multi-mode. Should not matter which basic mode is currently highlighted unless you are experiencing a bug. Make sure both filter multi-mode enable and multi-mode sync (for the filters) have their boxes checked.

From the Manual:

Filter Multi Mode Enable
Access the Filter Settings menu by pressing Shift+B in Mixer, Level, or Pitch fader mode.
On the menu is an option called Multi Enabled. When enabled, the filter has a main value plus
eight multi values just like any other parameter. When disabled, the filter the filter only has one
value, and in Multi Mode, all knobs change the main value.
Filter Multi can be enabled/disabled per track.
Multi Mode Sync
With normal, non-synced Multi Mode, only one parameter is in Multi Mode at a time. For
example, when in level Multi Mode, the eight pads play at eight different levels, but they all play
at the same pitch, envelope, and loop/slice parameters (the main parameters).
When Multi Mode is turned on for a parameter, then the eight multi-values of that parameter
are also used in the other three Multi Modes. For example, if Multi Mode Sync is turned on for
pitch, then when in level Multi Mode, the pads are eight different levels, and eight different
pitches – but still use the main envelope and main loop/slice parameters.
Each of the four fader modes and the filter has its own Multi Mode Sync setting, which can be
turned on in any combination. The Multi Mode Sync settings are per track, so each track can
have a different combination.
To turn on Multi Mode Sync, press Shift+A to edit the track / fader mode settings. There is also a
“Set for all tracks” option to copy a track’s settings to all tracks

1 Like

Hey @Kid_Missive

Thanks for this, I can only get filters working on the volume or pitch multi mode so not sure if it’s a bug or I’m doing something wrong but I’ll keep at it. Might try it in a new project.

I’m still learning so maybe a user error!

Cheers for the reply.