Loop event in song mode

Hi all,
The problem I see in song mode is that you are committed to a predetermined amount of bars depending in how you programe the song. So in a solo or intro where you are building up you might need some flexibility in how many bars you need. My proposal is a loop event where the pattern or group of patterns in question, will play endlessly until an action is taken. This action could be for example, pressing the arrow key >>> to exit the loop event, or something like that. The arrow key could be flashing while the loop event is going on to advise about it. What you guys think about this?
Cheers!

1 Like

There is a repeat action, doesn’t that do the same thing?

Or do you mean you wish you could loop a song repeatabley? You could also just print the song to a pattern. Personally not sure I understand the usecase you describe.

1 Like

Hi! Repeat event repeats a predetermined amount of times the playback of a pattern, like times two, times 3 and so on. What I’m looking for is to be able to stay jamming in a pattern or repeat group as much as I wish and then whenever am ready to continue with the song play a key to do so, does that makes sense? Then I will have total control of the performance, I can program patterns to play automatically and choose when I will like the song to stay looping until I decide to exit the loop and continue with the song. But thanks for helping anyway!

This would be great!

1 Like

You could make a song that repeats forever and play that song.
Then, switch to a different song and, whenever you are ready, press Shift+Run/Stop to play the second song.

Hi Mickey!
Thanks for the tip, I have tried it and although it may do the trick, I find it too complex. If I want to return to the original song I first have to highlight the part of the song where I want to go and press shift stop/run. and this action will happens immediately so you have to be waiting for the exact moment to do it. All those steps in a solo o performing is almost impossible to achieve. The way I’m suggesting it will do everything automatically and with a press of a button it will wait until the end of the pattern to continue with the song so I will have many opportunities to press the button while I’m playing within the length of the pattern. I will have to stick to fix length by now. Thanks for the help but I think we still need something less complex. There’s something that the S2400 does and I don’t know if it’s a bug. If in a song I programe an event to go to sub-song, let’s say 2, and I programe this sub-song to play endlessly, when the original song arrives to this event and goes to sub-song 2 it plays it ones a comes back to the original, so it doesn’t stays endlessly. Is that the way it should work?

That is how it should work. From the manual:

Sub-Song
Plays another song once, then continues with the current song. The end action of the sub-song is ignored, so the sub-song will not replay forever, or go to a different song. Sub-songs inside a sub-song are ignored.