Linked slices multi chop

I dont love the current slicing capability compared to other samplers like the SP404 and MPC series. To be specific, manually setting the start points from scratch after modifying the prior slice makes it a laborious task. Ideally if I modify the end point of slice 1, I would want that end point linked to the start point of slice 2. That way I just need to edit the end points of each slice, rather than re-adjust the start points. So feature request = setting to link slices.

+1

If this is feasible that would be great, but I think it should be an option and not the one-default behavior. I can think of uses (and have used) the manual start point chopping limitation to artistic effect.

3 Likes

F4 does that.

5 Likes

Yeah I was gonna say. There is a function hotkey. The help menu is geat (and I didn’t realize you could scroll down on it until fairly recently).

But maybe another idea would be a “lock start/end point” function on a per-slice basis.

Doh! Thanks will try that, apologies.

had a play and still think a further setting to automatically link slices would work better better than manually pressing F4 at each slice. F4 option is nicer than using the encoder but it’s still quite manual. And to have the option configured as a default setting somehow.

But good for me to learn something new today!

1 Like

+1

Sometimes killing time reading the Isla forum clears up little niggles that I have forgotten all about ! LOL

Thank you @Leighty and @Mickey

1 Like