Layering sounds (connect several pads)

One of the best features of my MPC 60/3000 that I use all the time is the “Play simult” function. Where one pad can trigger 2 others. Perfect for making your drumkits and layering snares and kicks without having to push several pads or record them to hear how they sound together. This function would be killer, and why stop at only 2 additional pads linked up? : )

12 Likes

in the meantime you could layer all the samples into one slot on the sequencer and use the sample to file mode - ok it adds a step or two but you get the layer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will try it! (only just received my unit)
But, I guess you can’t edit the different layers afterwards with this method? That’s what I’m looking for, so you can tune each layer separately to find the best combos, and have the option to edit continuously during the process of making your joints

2 Likes

it’s a workaround but once you lick the paper the editing process is over

1 Like

Yeah, the s2400 is great but really needs some help in the layering and resampling (through external gear) departments. I would also love this feature.

1 Like

This is actually a great idea for a feature. I think the workaround right now is to place the pads’ notes in the same spot in a sequence and bounce the sequence to a sample/pad. I guess that’s what @j.m is talking about.

1 Like

I think this would be really useful I was thinking about it and it could be the same as the mute groups but the opposite so you link pads if that makes sense.

1 Like

i do not disagree with the idea just to be clear - been using it forever with maschine - i work around it with the OT - same as i work around it with 2400, much easier now we have 16v of course :slight_smile: