Keeping it simple House joint

Simply an Am Chord from a Korg, a sampled bass note from the DX100, and some chopped-up vocals. 12 Bit or Go Home.

6 Likes

I really like the mix, are you using a mixer or USB audio?

1 Like

kaoz 6:23 would love this.

2 Likes

Straight out the box on the analog outputs (no filters) to my Audient Evo mate into OBS. I put a little bit of compression overall just to tighten it up (API2500) and some very broad stroke EQ (UAD Precision EQ) to brighten things up, add a bit of beef in the lows and clear up some mud at around 200hz. That’s it though. Not a proper mix down. Things just sound so sweet out of the box.

2 Likes

Thats what I love about this machine, and a skilful user like yourself. I sometimes find that I go back to my 'unmixed, 2 bus version. Is that ever the same for you Conan, or are you typically doing big multitrack where precision is required?

1 Like

It depends dude. I don’t do anything be default. It’s set up to record all 8 analog outs on my interface but I don’t always do it. I often do a balance mix in the S2400 and record that into my DAW and use that as a rough mix reference. I’ll then bounce individual channels or grouped instruments and then mix. Saying that, if the 2 track balance mix is ok, I might not even bother bouncing individual channels. As I said, it’s source dependent and depends on the vibe. Lofi instrumental chill beats for instance might just be a mastered 2 track straight out the box.