How many are using S2400 as studio brain?

Topic says it all. How many of you are using the S2400 as the brain of their studio to control various pieces of gear like synthesizers and other bits of midi controlled gear?

I was using the Elektron Digitakt as the brain to my studio. It only has one midi out but 8 midi tracks that get split into 1 in 4 out via a Midi Solutions midi splitter. It’s really good but I’m thinking of how using the S2400 would change things and maybe give me more ideas as the S2400 is really different from the Elektron world.

I tried, but it’s not quite there yet. Still needs lfos and internal effects. Formerly, it desperately needed it’s own resampling function, which was a nice feature of the latest update for sure. But for now I can get a lot closer to “brain” functionality with my blackbox, so that’s my primary sampler. But once the 2400 can get an ambiance going internally, and maybe monitor inputs simultaneously? then, yea, for sure, it’s gonna take over

3 Likes

It’s my brain/centerpiece/main-midi-seq to my hardware setup.
Before, it was the mpc60.

Biggest thing I think it lacks is:

3 Likes

It’s become brain of my setup.

Biggest thing that’s lacking for me is sampling/recording an instrument with the sequencer going at same time. It means I have little use for the midi tracks and rely on Ableton to sequence midi so I can record into the Isla 2400. Unless I’m missing something.

2 Likes

I guess so… Record your midi notes in the midi tracks, solo the midi track that you want to sample, then bounce pattern, done.

3 Likes

Agreed, mod/pitch wheel and sustain pedal are what’s missing for me to use it as the main sequencer. And a little more live-loop memory and stereo loops.

I kind of use it as my main sequencer already but I’m using a deluge synced with it for synth stuff and longer audio recordings.

Would love to not have to do that since there is some hassle with resampling stuff back and forth.

2 Likes

If you’re fine with mono recording you can do it with the live-loops. If stereo is necessary solo the midi track and bounce pattern as suggested.

1 Like