How do you guys use the individual outs?

Behringer ULTRAPATCH PRO PX3000

How about this one? It says it’s a 48 point and has five modes including normalled, half-normalled and thru operation. I found a place that has it for $85 shipped.

The Samson is better but they do the same thing, however the Samson has the N/T/HN switch on the front which is worth the price difference to me because mine is racked. Some of behringer’s stuff is decent some isn’t.

1 Like

I see. To be honest I’ll probably get the Samson anyway since I prefer to buy from Amazon. Thanks again for replying.

behringer interfaces are very good now, the patchbays are a breeze too and offer switches for diff modes, easy and low space way to do routing - never had an issue with them personally

dont sleep on the litttle xr mixers either, we have xr18 and they are brilliant , not sure if even the 12 will hit your 200 budget though - the desktop xenyx stuff does just fine too

did you ever look at alto? we have 2 at a studio, one small 12 ch and one 24 ch, great mixers cheap too

This is true but the switches are on the top of the behringer patchbay. If it’s racked that is an utter pita. Having the switch in the front where it’s accessible is far better. Occasionally I switch my settings depending on what else I’m doing. If he’s going to leave it out of a rack and just sitting around then it’s no big deal.

different dudes - different setups
i got seven behringers in a rack… no problem since i made the settings once how i need them and done. and i am glad that the switches are not on the front so i don‘t accidently change the settings

Given how the samson is set up I’ve never mistakingly changed the settings. They require more than a mere accidental bump to move, and the cables are frankly in the way so I do have to reach in there to set it to thru on occasion from HN. But I’m running a variety of settings at different times so a set it and forget it and then rack it isn’t a good solution for a lot of people. This is why you see these particular patchbays in so many studios.

yeah without knowing somebodys setup or how they plan to implement its hard to say - he certainly shouldn’t overlook them though - the samson are not worth 2.5x the money ime, lets be honest though, most people set a patchbay and forget it

i remember the days when i was building studios and to solder them ingroups of 10 - no switches, aarrgghhhh - switches are so nice to have

2 Likes

The Xenyx has 8 mono trs inputs (white) and 4 pairs of stereo trs inputs (blue). For synths I only have the Microfreak, Uno Synth and Korg Kross 2 which will occupy 4 inputs at most. The 2400 will get the main 8 mono inputs (when using the 8 outs).

Besides an effects rack module/pedal, I’m not buying any new synths for a long while. The Xenyx has 4 trs aux sends in the back and 8 trs inserts on the mono channels. I will not be plugin in and out stuff either. Once everything is connected it will pretty much stay set for the most part.

I totally understand the convenience of a patchbay, but I’m wondering If I really need it in MY specific case.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a feature you should decide on in advance but it isn’t 2.5x more than the Behringer. Right now Sweetwater has a deal for 69 on the Behringer patchbay which is out of stock at the moment. It’s normally $89-99. The samson is $139 so it’s about 35% more.

You really don’t in that case you could easily run the 8 S2400 outs into the mono ins on the mixer and then the 3 other synths, which you don’t have to run in stereo, could be used in mono on stereo channels. I rarely if ever run anything in stereo except my rhodes with chorus.

Exactly. That’s what I meant about the 4 stereo channels. The Uno is mono summed if not mistaken, both the Micro and Korg have mono/stereo. So even after everything connected I will have some channels left if needed. Thank you guys for all the replies.

easy for us both to forget we all live in diff countries and thus different prices :wink:

2 Likes

with a mixer like that you are covered man

if you need more i/o later you can always get cute without adding more gear and expense like many do, i assume it has 1 or 2 stereo returns and a 2trk input also … ?

Would there be a reason why you’d want to record from both stereo ins? I wouldn’t think the workflow would make sense. Yet we have two phono inputs. I am curious about what ins and outs I really need fully hooked up.

But your English is perfect!? :wink:

1 Like

hahahaaa i wish

it sounds great in my head though :joy:

Check out the MOTU Ultralite Mk3. On reverb they are just over $200, used. I just ordered a second one with rack ears. Firewire only are less than the Hybrid version which supports both usb and firewire. The built-in dsp (comp/lim/eq) is nice, too.

Just got my tracking number. :poop: just got real :scream: :scream: :scream:

4 Likes