Fx for s2400

Hi there everyone , hope you had some nice days during Christmas .
I got my S2400 a couple of weeks ago and I’m curious about the external fx board that might arrive in a near future .
Is there some info about this upcoming feature ?

1 Like

From Brad’s christmas post on SNS:

Wanted to drop y’all an update with where we’re at with the S2400 filter card and DSP card.

After some testing, I’m not overly blown away by the actual sound of the filters. I’m waiting to do more testing with them.
More UI code needs to be written yet.
Further, I’m waiting to hear how the analogue filters on our two Caladan cards sound, if one of those is much better, we’ll transplant those onto the S2400 card.

The DSP is progressing, albeit a little slower than I’d like. But I’ve been doing a lot of testing with it.
So far we have an insert plugin chain for each of the 8 outputs, these can be paired into stereo channels or treated as mono. So 8x mono or 4x stereo or any combination thereof.

Each of the 8 channels can also be sent to 2 send busses which also have their own insert fx chain. (Think reverb/delay etc) Finally, a new master channel which can again have its own plugin chain. There’s a fair amount still to do with the actual UI for this.
Aside from that, I’m trying to hat hatch a plan to figure out how we can also have a kind of ‘master performance fx ‘mode akin to sp404 stutter fx, slowdowns etc. using the 8 pads as triggers.

All this is of course going on while we’re hard at work with Caladan.

Thanks for all the support this year as it draws to a close. Spending a few days with the fam in Georgia then onto Asheville or cataloochee NC in search of snow. I’ll be back at it next week.
Big :heart:
Brad.

1 Like

Hi there Brad ,that’s fantastic news .
Looking forward to it .
Have a great new year’s weekend and a smooth transition into 2024 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: