Feature Request: Sampling - "use last name?" option

+1

This and/or generate a random name for the sample each time.
i forget what sampler had this feature, but it was awesome to not even have to think of a sample name every time if you didnt want to.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make much sense for samples since they tend to aim to describe what the sound/ sample is, however I know the Polyend Tracker can do this for song names.

true in many cases but not everyone works the same way. some sounds it makes sense to name them stuff like kick or snare obviously. but what if the music u make doesnt use sounds thats can be described as easily as that. or what if you want to make a folder of kicks but you dont want to come up with a name for each one.

not everyone is making straightforward beats on this thing

Ain’t gotta tell me this lol.

In any case “sample001” would do as is, in your case of not wanting to name stuff. It’s equally useful to calling a sample “night fire” or whatever randomly. I think what you’re requesting is something entirely different from the OP anyhow.

yes but they cant all be sample01.

I would say it is related since its about minimizing the amount of time one spends on naming samples, which is maybe the most annoying thing about working with samples.

This is much less of an issue now that we can use a traditional keyboard (and the new naming window in the S2400). It would still be nice though.

+1

The new naming system is a terrific improvement but having the name default to LASTNAME1, then LASTNAME2, etc. would be a major workflow improvement for those of us who sample in batches.

2 Likes