Feature Request: Sampling - "use last name?" option

I’m sitting here taking samples off a single album and renaming “Wonderland - IntroXYZ” every sample I take. It would be awesome to have a settings option where it would auto load the last used name for every sample taken and you could just modify the “XYZ” part. Way faster workflow!

Cheers and keep up the great work!

edit actually a “Use Last Setting for All” function might be cool too. Not all parameters necessarily but the one’s that make sense. For instance, I always normalize my samples to 0.1, so that would shave a bit of time off the sampling process too :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I can +1 this

3 Likes

After having to enter “Kick01”, “Kick02” about 20 times last night, I was going to suggest this :slight_smile:

The suggested name already increments the number so if it carried on doing that but, with the last name…

thanks,

2 Likes

facts +100

1 Like

+1 was thinking this last night

1 Like

+1

2 Likes

+1 please

1 Like

Haven’t gotten mine in just yet, but this would be clutch! I find that I lose ideas getting held over things like naming samples.

1 Like

+1

+1 yes!

1 Like

This is so necessary - I was sampling records last night and I want to keep the names of artists/song in the sample filename. If you want to save a couple snippets of a song retying the song name every time is a true pain the a**.

1 Like

+1 :raised_hands:t2:

Facts brothers

1 Like

+1

+1 for sure, would make things wayy more convenient

1 Like

PLEASE ADD THIS!!! I can’t agree more coming from MPC60, sample naming has been a huge bummer.

2 Likes

+1!

1 Like

Was about to create a new topic for this as I hadn’t spotted it, but luckily it suggested it on the side bar…

Reverting to sample001 every time is pretty annoying tbh. Especially if like me, you tend to sample in big batches often. Would def be great if it just came up with whatever you called the last sample.

So a firm +1 on this haha

2 Likes

That sidebar is a handy feature! In fact this whole forum is really slick and well done. I love it.

The naming issue isn’t as bad now that we can use keyboards to type, but it would still be an awesome feature to have. Save a lot of time, that’s for sure.

+1