Extending Pattern Auto Duplicates current pattern

Hi Everyone,

Serial number 232 here!

A very minor request, hopefully this isn’t just something i’ve missed, only just getting to grips with this beast of a machine!
I see that I can extend a pattern by copying it to itself, it would be nice if this happened automatically when I extend the pattern length, rather than go into the copy page :slight_smile:

Much love, keep up the great work team! :sunglasses:

1 Like

This would not be a good idea … you would lose flexibility of how you create patterns by removing this functionality (of extending with blank bars ). It’s the same amount of button presses to do either action… so I find this a very odd request.

2 Likes

Fair point, I must have just got used to this on the digitakt, - cheers Ken

Yea I am used to it too because of electron but having both options is pretty great if you think about it.

2 Likes

A duplicate function would do just fine!

2 Likes

i agree copy funtion is a must i can copy my pattern and delete a pad and add to instead of reacreating all over wishing everything plays out smoothly

+1 for a duplicate. The squarp pyramid midi sequencer does it well by using the arrow keys to double or halve the pattern length (non destructively) when holding a set of keys. Maybe use the short cut Hold Copy key and hit an arrow?

1 Like

Almost all of my other gear has the option to copy when extending the length of a pattern. It saves so much time. I would love to see this feature added.

1 Like

Copy does that already. Since the first beta release.

1 Like

GM sir its there bro on the top look at the machine brother in white letters it say CPOY g .

I don’t even have mine yet, I’m just going by what other people are saying but that is excellent news. Thanks!