Request: Copy Bars During Playback

If possible, remove the restriction of only being able to perform COPY action when playback is stopped. This is a function that is really nice to have access to while a pattern is playing, for live performance / live song creation.

I often start with a 2bar or 4bar sequence with drums, but while building out a concept, I want to extend to 8bars or 16bars to allow more variance to melodic/harmonic patterns. I want to be able to just extend the pattern length while the sequence is playing and copy the current bars sequence to the newly extended sequence, and be able to keep creating without letting the record skip.

Also, I’m finding the most common settings I’m using for copy are Copy From 0 to 0 (where 0 is the current pattern), with +X copies. If the menu popup could default to 0-0 from, to, and have cursor set on the copies, that would be my preferred default for quick workflow.

4 Likes

In the next update, you can copy while playing.
In addition, there is now an option to duplicate the pattern from the pattern length screen. It works the same as copying from & to the same pattern, but fewer keystrokes.

Regarding cursor position, we have a firm standard in the UI of always starting with the cursor on the first row of a menu, for accessibility reasons.

8 Likes

Awesome! That will be excellent for live song building workflow. Looking forward to next update. Thanks Mickey!

The Input Monitoring: Off is the only other showstopper for the Live Looping workflow I’m hoping to accomplish… just need a way to have Input Monitoring truly OFF, even when a loop is recording… so it only plays whatever is in the buffer from previous passes, and doesn’t output the incoming signal as its being recorded. I’ve got all my instruments live monitored through mixer/recording setup… so having input monitoring completely off is essential to avoid constructive interference / doubling.

Cheers, Jason

3 Likes

I SEE YOU BROTHER THANKS FOR ALL YOU AND THE TEAM DO BOSS. TEAM ISLA S2400 for life.

2 Likes

you have done stella work on this project Mickey, I know you are paid but i also know how much this has moved on. You and the others in dev are pulling the train up the tracks, clapping.

any week for mine now woohoo

4 Likes