DeckSaver for the S2400?

yeah true they just need the chassis not the internals.

So Decksaver replied to an email that Ive sent them and they told me that the s2400 decksaver would be available in Jan/Feb. Thought you guys would like to know. Happy New Year!

6 Likes

Yessss!!!

1 Like

Damn just saw that Curry Cases one though… ooof! Beautiful.

Very beautiful but doesn’t the cutouts around the knobs and stuff partially defeat purpose of dust cover ? Or is chance of getting in through there low?

Seriously cool look to that glass tho. Would be a little scared I would break it. Plastic probably best for a clumsy one like me :smile:

Also cool that the Bulgarian company offers free embroidering if you provide a vector based illustrator file. Someone on here want to make one for the s2400??? :wink:

Yeah I’m sure the cutouts let a little dust in but, probably a negligible amount. It’s actually acrylic so pretty durable! But yeah it’s probably not for everyone.

Thanks to the link to Curry Cases! I just snapped up wood sides and the dust over. Really elegant.

Stardustcovers.com is what I’ve used out of Portugal, they make really awesome dust covers with silk screened graphics. They currently don’t have an SP2400, someone would have to send them drawings. I’ve just did this for an MPC3000 and Avalon Bassline, but those won’t be ready for a few months. I think Umberto is the owner, or at least who I’ve been corresponding to.

Great news about The Decksaver covers pretty much grabbed them for everything I own, apart from my Polyend Tracker as that one you have to buy direct from Polyend at an inflated price !

curious, obviously y’all feel covers are necessary, is it a region thing? lol. or am i just a sloppy uncouth shlump with my gear?

i like the look of Deck Savers, but never have bought any. havna felt like any of my synths have suffered.

i live in the Bay Yarea in California though. pretty temperet in my music room. i’m a fair few miles from the spots that catch on fire yearly.

did just order those Curry woodsides though. because SEXY.

For me it’s not just about dust. I was moving some things around, cables and what not, and accidentally hit my S2400 with a cable end and made a scratch. I hate that. It’s just nice to have some protective covering since my units sit front and center on my desk where the most activity in the studio happens.

1 Like

ah. that makes sense. i’ve always been torn by the added expense if one has a music yarea with more than 3 or 4 synths, but also… if you’re paying thousands per box, what is another $60-$80. lol. thennnnn it gets into Gotta Catch Them All territory where it would bug me to have Savers on 80% of boxes… then it feels silly if one didna bond with a device and sold it on… i ramble.

protecting from scratches/Slipper Human Mistakes makes sense. no one goes in my music room but me and my cats, so i’m pretty safe there. long as i pay attention to what i’m doing.

thanks for the input!

Just to give a quick update on the Bulgarian dust cover after 10 months of use. After removal, it can be easily folded and put somewhere.

Just wanted to add this because it’s handy in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the Curry Cases wood side stands on my S2400. These side stands are thicker than the original S2400 aluminum sides. Does anyone know if the new S2400 DeckSaver will still fit?

I prefer having my buttons, faders & pads completely covered & protected. If not, I can order the Curry Cases acrylic dust cover. Some protection is better than none at all! :smile:

Just received the Decksaver cover. It fits my S2400 with stock side panels like a glove, so I assume it wouldn‘t fit with even slightly thicker sides.

Anyone know of a way to get the Decksaver cover in the U.S. without paying an insane amount of shipping? Any U.S. stockists?

I ordered mine from Moog Audio last week. I’m in Canada. It was just under 90USD. Not sure about extra shipping costs at the boarder yet.

There is one on ebay right now (I am not the seller): Decksaver DS-PC-S2400 Dust Cover to fit Isla Instruments S2400 | eBay.

So, if I order directly from Decksaver to the US, it costs around $40USD for the cover + $35 shipping. $40 for the cover seems fine to me. But… paying almost the same for shipping?? And all the places that sell the Decksaver in US seem to account not only for the additional shipping from the UK but also a markup for their own profit! $90 for a piece of plastic? Everyone has their own standards/criteria for purchases but that seems outrageous to me.

1 Like

Agreed. Of course North American sellers/retailers are going to charge more than UK, but that much more? Better savings paying the international shipping direct from the UK.

Those curry case decksavers are really sick, just curious how much dust they’d really keep out.