When the S2400 starts, it looks for a file called start.bmp in the root of the SD card. If found, it will display that image for a few seconds.
- Only BMP files are supported, not JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Images can be any size, however only the upper left 128 by 64 pixels will be displayed.
- Color images will be converted to monochrome and dithered.
- Images with high contrast display the best. Text and line art works great. For photos, consider removing extraneous background details.
- There are plenty of online tools to convert, crop, resize, and edit images.
- In the file browser, click on a BMP file to display it. Press any key to return to the file browser.