Come on then, let's see your studios

tiiiiight!

1 Like

“Sensi seeds” yes!
Nice rig.

Where did you get the yellow knobs and faders?

1 Like

2 Likes

They are “gold” color.

Knobs
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B314XR93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Caps

BTW, they have a 50% off sale now at DJTT :fire:

That mixer tho. Does it have direct outs for each channel?

Yeah it does. It’s on basic mixing duties before it goes to the finalizer.

It’s a bit of a stop gap… I’m on the lookout for an 8 bus so I can track out and get more surgical in the DAW.

1 Like

Recently I got a Mackie analog mixer. Sounds good an all but no direct outs. I want to upgrade to an 8 channel interface to have the option to record separate tracks on Studio One instead of the 2-track mix but then I remembered my mixer doesn’t have the DO’s. And I’m not doing multiple recording passes.

I tried to exchange it but my return window was just about closed. :angry: Hopefully I can sell it at some point.

2 Likes

I hear ya, was in the same boat before I found this A&H for cheap, has a really low noise floor and lots of routing and outputs for the interface. But I find myself always recording the stereo outs anyway and using the sweepable EQ because it’s easier and does the job.

I’ll grab a Mackie 24:8 when funds permit.

1 Like

The two extremes of my gear tastes, how it started 40 years ago :point_down::point_down::point_down:

And where I am this year :point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Nice! What mixer is that?

deleted wrong answer :wink:

Thank god this makes me feel less ‘insane’. I have a lot of bass gear and pedals as well, with far less space. This looks awesome.

1 Like

That looks bloody gorgeous!

1 Like

Bruh, that is a crazy setup. I see you have the Edirol UM-880, that thing is fantastic. Did you know there is an updated version of it?:

You probably know about it, but if not, it could really be a helpful addition to your amazing setup.
I am not affiliated with them at all…I just discovered it one day and it changed the game for me. So helpful for MIDI routing.

1 Like

How do you remove the original slider knobs without damaging anything. Do they just pip off?
Thanks
Paddy.

1 Like

Use your thumb and index fingers to kind of go “under” the fader and pry them up. Some of them would be more stubborn than others to come off.

1 Like

February 2024 update :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Ensoniq gang!

Hey fam,

Got new studio monitors, Barefoot Footprint 03 and they are knockin! Separate midrange driver makes vocals super clear, and the bass goes pretty deep from such a tiny box! Hits harder than my old Adam A7X, and MEME control lets you change the sound to emulate NS-10s, cubes, hifi speakers. Check em out if you’re looking for new monitors!

2 Likes