Beat repeat timing with fader or pads

Not sure if this has been requested or if its possible already but cant see it here or in the manual.
As a performance tool would be great to have a beat repeat function that is controllable with the fader so you can hold a pad and slide the fader to change the timing of the repeats. as it stands its set to the quantize setting of that track.
or have a mode where you can press Repeat and Multi to enter a mode that makes the pads correspond to different timings (1st 1/2 notes, 2nd 1/4s, 3rd 1/8th, 4th 1/8th dotted …etc) so you can press and hold the pads to instantly create quantised rhythms.

Maybe only possible with one shots or just retriggering the long samples

4 Likes

I haven’t tried so it’s probably off topic but there is a shortcut to change quantize on the fly in the latest os.

So maybe having tap repeat locked with shift and changing the quantize on the fly could give a result close to what you seek.

From what I remember I think the shortcut is in the release notes for the latest update.

1 Like

The shortcut is: hold Quantize key while turning encoder or pressing arrow keys.
That changes the default quantization, so it will affect any pad whose quantization is set to default.

I get that is not exactly what the OP is asking for, as it would require three hands to change the quantization while also pressing the pad.

4 Likes

I might be possible with pad 8 :grin:

1 Like

More beat repeat functionality would be great.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is too ‘feature creepy’ a suggestion but a beat repeat Multi would be a way to implement this.

• press tap/repeat + multi to enable
  • 8 pads each have their own beat repeat rate.
  • the sliders adjust the rate for each pad
7 Likes

+1! Having a fader to adjust repeat timing while holding down a pad is a GREAT idea!!

4 Likes

This beat repeat multi would be an awesome way to Implement this

2 Likes

I’m going to +1 this as well.

While it’s amazing being able to set quantize per track… it’s not really useful in practice, and definitely makes things like note repeat a little clunky.

Possible solution: hold down note repeat and press up or down to cycle through note values.

Or the multi-mode solution suggested above.

1 Like

+1 for this feature

1 Like