What Speed SD Card is Recommended?

I got a Sandisk Extreme Plus Pro SDXC UHS-I - 128 GB 150mb/s - works perfect but is likely overkill speed-wise. I had never used an SD card before (floppies and Zip Disks baby!!! - :abacus: < that’s an abacus, once THE cutting edge calculating tool - only real OG, purist mathematicians still use them today)

I formatted the SD right out of the wrapper on the S2400 to be safe, not sure I needed to but it worked - or didn’t do anything, but still worked. When looking at SDs there’s a lot of nuance in photo/video, but for audio file transfer you really don’t need much. Seemingly can’t go wrong with Sandisk they look to be a solid standard. I believe Brad has tested up to a 2TB card. That should take some time to fill.

P.S. - Are shoe boxes overflowing with filled SD cards a thing? :thinking:

P.P.S - Any recommendations on most efficient way to transfer floppy and Zip disk files to SD please share.

This is a solid software that reads most sampler files. You need a machine with a floppy drive installed though.

https://www.chickensys.com/products2/translator/

1 Like

My old mpc60 with floppy-disks def couldn’t do this, lol.

My entire archive fit onto a 256gb SD.
But, “Get Info” says it’s maxed-out (despite my sample-archive being only 224.66gb and Project folder only being a couple kb/mb in size)…
“Available: 33KB
Used: 255.xxGB”

I think imma get a 512gb SD, for more headroom (esp for saving future Projects).

Edit:
Found and deleted some sneaky/hidden aiff and other non-wav folders/files… now I gots 9gb free.
Should be enuf for now (for Project saving), until I get a 512gb SD.