What do you have hooked up to your S2400?

It’s dead easy. That’s the thing about Juno’s, simple, one big sweet spot. Can’t make a bad sound. I love the pads this little thing can make, shame it’s 4-voice but hey we can fix that in the 2400!

1 Like

What do you exactly mean by fixing this in S2400?

just that you can sample it for the extra polyphony

Cool. Make a video of S2400 and JU06A working together if you can and post on YouTube.

1 Like

Happy to oblige! This is the first time I’ve sampled the JU-06A, the pad runs from the intro and all through the track before it’s layered with another pad from JV-1080.

12 Likes

Very nice track Man! I’m more in to 90s hip hop as a producer, however I love listen to this kind of dnb. It resonates with myself 100%. It’s perfect for a night driving.

I just ordered JU06A for quite decent price. Let’s see how we can use it.

1 Like

Cheers mate, 90s hip hop is the best era - like D&B!

Good choice :ok_hand:t2: It’s one of my favourite and most used synths. Simple to use and the analogue modelling is very close to the original Junos, not to mention that lovely chorus.

I’m currently running my S2400 , SP 1200, and EPS 16 Plus together. Been using them all together in livelooping.

1 Like

Two reloop RP-8000’s a Pioneer S11 Mixer A Roland jD-Xi and a tascam 12…absolutely love my S2400. The live looping on the 2400 is major fun for turntablists.

2 Likes

I could not find that video you said about on Facebook any way to point me in the right direction can you not shar the link

You are in that Facebook group, right?

Yes that’s correct I looked for any flux videos but did not see how he got the 2 working together

Nice beats man, dropped a sub, big up!

Good to see more oldskool dnb/ jungle on the machine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent <3

I just got a S2400 a month ago, I’ve been learning how to use it and what procedures sit best with my workflow, and most recently I’ve been trying out different instruments as companions to the S2400.

I plan on using the S2400 for both beat-driven and non-beat-driven music.

As my sound source for sampling, I’ve taken to recording a Synthstrom Deluge. Most recently, I incorporated my Tasty Chips GR-1 granular synthesizer into the setup and recorded a video demo.

In the video, I demonstrate a patch using a Synthstrom Deluge connected to the S2400 through a 1/4" jack input, the S2400 connected to the Deluge via MIDI, the S2400 connected to the GR-1 via USB, and the GR-1 connected back to the S2400 through a stereo pair of 1/4" jack inputs. I am using the S2400 as the master clock and mixer, recording a continuous 36-second loop in real time on channel 1, and on through to the GR-1. Once the sample is recorded on the GR-1, I engage the granular synthesis engine, applying it to the sample and routing the audio back to the S2400 on the second channel.

The Tasty Chips GR-1 granular synthesizer does not have onboard input jacks and requires a class-compliant USB interface in order to sample audio. I have used an Ewent EW3751, an Ubisoft Rocksmith cable, and a Roland SP-404 mk2 sampler as class-compliant audio interfaces for the GR-1. Fortunately, the GR-1 recognizes the Isla S2400, too, and this to me is the best pairing of them all.

4 Likes

I’ve followed up my previous short demo with a longer one detailing the S2400 Live Looping a Synthstrom Deluge & Tasty Chips GR-1 (sound comes in at 1:40)

The Isla S2400 is the master clock and mixer, recording each of three continuous 36-second loops from the Synthstrom Deluge in real time on channels 1-3. Synthstrom Deluge is connected to the S2400 through a 1/4" jack input, the S2400 connected to the Deluge via MIDI, the S2400 connected to the Tasty Chips GR-1 via USB, and the GR-1 connected back to the S2400 through a stereo pair of 1/4" jack inputs. Once the Live Loops are captured, I record Live Loop 1 by itself on the GR-1, then engage the granular synthesis engine, and play the audio back from the GR-1 to the empty channel for Live Loop 4 on the S2400.

In this DAWless semi-beat-oriented exercise, I take inspiration from early Industrial rhythms.

Equipment used: Isla S2400, Synthstrom Deluge, Tasty Chips GR-1, Allen & Heath MixWizard WZ3 14:4:2 (for monitoring only)
Parts I & II recorded on Samsung Galaxy S9 with iRig Duo at 16 bit / 44.1kHz; Part IIII recorded on Zoom Q8 in 1080 HD video at 24 bit / 96kHz.

No effects; normalization of audio only

3 Likes

oh cool, I’ve always been interested in the GR-1.

I’ve toyed with trying to connect my S2400 and Maschine+ over USB, because as far as I know the S2400 can’t use class-compliant audio interfaces at all, but it can be one. It’d give me effects to bake in to sounds, including Reaktor madness. But I haven’t done it and just have it hooked up to my computer atm :woman_shrugging:t2: :eyes:

It does give me options, though. MIDI controller for the DAW stuff, I can shuttle sounds back and forth over USB or Mix Out/1-2 In, which also means it’s hooked up to my old Proteus 2000 and a Tascam multitrack.

1 Like