Timestretch in Real-Time

Correct me if I’m wrong but there is no instant/real-time time-stretching for samples in the S2400?!

In 2023, I think it’s fair to request a real-time timestretch mode for a sampler designed with pitch faders such as the S2400. Meaning, when a sample is loaded, pitch can be shifted the way it normally is, affecting the length of the sample, but additionally - there should be a mode where the length of the sample remains unchanged as pitch or tempo is shifted (i.e. so rhythmic material can stay in sync without breaking the creative flow).

Menu-diving and calculating and then executing time stretch as an offline process is fine, but a total workflow killer compared to modern DAWs/plugins that make instant warping/timestretching one mouse-click/keyboard-shortcut/knob-turn away.

This feature would elevate the Isla S2400 into a whole new category.

5 Likes

This would be a killer feature…

2 Likes

This Would be fantastic

1 Like

It’s not going to happen. S2400 is a vintage style sampler, it was never designed to do modern DAW-like tricks like realtime audio warping. Sorry.

5 Likes

do you think it would still be impossible with the effect board?

4 Likes

Honestly with the DSP board this could be a possibility for sure. Would actually transform the s2400 into a centerpiece

5 Likes

Honestly, we do pitch shit and time stretch all the time with this machine. so I doubt it’s about adding a new DSP card, rather some design choices.
if it’s all about an excel table to do proper time stretching, why this simple math rule cannot be applied and displayed somewhere on the screen ?
it’s not about being true to vintage imo but more about workflow.

1 Like

Have you ever just wondered if you should get an elektron?