Stem separation

Hello and happy new year @everyone.

Is it possible we could have stem separation on the S2400?

This would be a game changing great feature.
If not on the actual device, mayb on the new FXs boards?

Thank you kindly

1 Like

I would be surprised if the S2400 could handle stem separation since that is quite computationally expensive.

Stem separation seems to be the hot topic these days. Given the artifacts that these tools leave behind on processed audio, I wouldn’t use them to extract sounds where transient preservation matters (I.e drums/percussion). Unless that’s the effect you’re going for.

1 Like

Stems are for those “DAW in Box” type machines, where you might aswell be using a laptop and controller.

4 Likes

I am sampling into the machine what I want to use only. Not bringing in samples and wanting to separate stems. Not what this box is about I am afraid.

Use the free version of serto studio or something else for your stem separation and sample or transfer the WAVs into the s2400.

To be quite frank I have yet to see any proof of stem separation changing the game, other then giving something for people to talk about on videos and forums.

4 Likes

That would be very cool. I can’t see the S2400 being powerful enough as it is. You mentioned the forthcoming DSP/FX board, and maybe that could add enough power to do it. But it is more of an AI/analysis thing and this machine’s OS seems to be more based on simple matters of sequencing and sample organization.

As for stems: very powerful and the wave of options to achieve them will definitely change the game. Seems the most direct workflow for anyone wanting to use them on the S2400 would be to use the Serato plug-in on a computer and resample the results.

Always funny when you go on forums and some other user tells you “that’s not what this device/box is about.” Hahahah these machines would never have made hip hop if people listened to that attitude

1 Like

@Billions facts bro.

Would be cool feature to have on a modern drums machine/sampler, but not really a necessity.

I’m currently using StemRoller at the mo.

1 Like

8 outputs plus stereo - There are your stems… Or are you talking about something else?

2 Likes

i do think this feature fits the newer mpcs well, but i would not wanted to have it on a sampler like the s2400.