Sample start is at the end after assigning new sample [SOLVED]

If have made a default project with a very short sample assigned to each track. When I assign a new sample to a track (which is longer by default), the start is always at the end, or almost at the end of the sample.

It has nothing to do with my default project. Here is a project I made from starting with a ‘new project’.

I have assigned one small sample to A1. Any sample that gets assigned to A1 after this will have it’s start at the end of the sample.

MIDItracks.map (7.2 KB)
ProjectTST04.KIT (2.2 KB)
ProjectTST04.S24 (14.5 KB)

This explains a lot tbf haha. This will be what was happening to me the other night then… I think it only changes it for the loop/slice, not the multi, as resamples which I had sorted slice points for already were doing this. The sound wouldn’t play in normal mode, it would just make a little clicking sound, but the multi slices were still the same… So I didn’t investigate too much as I only really needed the slices.

1 Like

@syah71 I couldn’t get your project to load properly as I think the forum attachment system has renamed your WAV file. Could you ZIP the whole project and upload it again?

I did not keep the original project after I uploaded it here. It is not possible to upload ZIP files to this forum, so I cannot help you here.

However, I downloaded the 4 files from this page, put them in a folder and the project loads fine. The filename of the wav is ‘dummy.wav’. Maybe you use MacOS and that is why the wav file gets altered?

Ah, thanks, that got it working.

Ok, so when I load your project I can see that the start point on Pad A1 is already at the end of the sample. When you load in a new sample, it’s simply keeping those relative values. So the start point will stay at the end. If you put the start point at 50%, it would remain at 50% regardless of how long the sample is.

Is there a reason your template has the start point at the end of the sample?

Aha, thanks for your feedback! That makes sense now. User error after all. :woozy_face:

I did not check into it, because I just loaded the dummies to every track. I did notice that some had the loop enabled after loading. And I corrected them in my template. But I did not check all the waveforms and notice the differences in startpoints there. My template gets more mature everyday!

Nevertheless, there could be a bug that the machine itself sets the start wrong. I will try reproducing it in a new project instead of my template.

1 Like

Cool, will mark this one as solved. Feel free to report back if you find anything more.

1 Like