Recommended Gear?

Thats the thing.

Other then not being able to compare units tech specs, not being able to source capacitors, not being able to google an electronic repair technician near you, you cant also search for the average price of units.

Fireface UC

Fireface800

Not sure if you’re able to read but if you look closely, theres more used Fireface UC that got sold for the same time period. But let me guess, you dont have a single clue why, right ?

Our PC at the studio run a Fireface800…so theres that for your ‘’ you wont find a good PC that run Firewire nowadays.’’

Im really hoping you get at least one fact straight but all you said so far was false.

EVERYTHING !!

Do you have an emotional link to your Fireface UC because you just spent your 4 last paycheck on it and its your first ever Audio interface or its really just a broad inexperience and lack of knowledge across the board ?

I want you to know that I dont feel any pleasure in making you look unknowledgeable .

Im sure you have some talent in another specific subject. I’d suggest you go ahead and practice that other skill.

You are really just confusing other people that ask for factual advice. You have not contributed to a single fact check of that so far but bringing false information that I debunked one after the other.

I don’t have an emotional link (like you) to the interface I use.
But I want to save a fellow enthusiast from making an irrational move in getting a firewire interface because he was enticed to do so by another uninformed and irrational fellow enthusiast.

Of course there are still PC towers running with FW. But there will come one day that he will need a new computer with up-to-date specs or a secondary laptop he wants to connect his audio interface to. YOU will not be there for him in his misery with a freaking FW interface.

Your statistics are way off:

Please don’t make this a religious war.

You’re right Orkan,

I give up.

Boef1 and wax100, you should get a Fireface UC.

Its more expensive, has less output and connection feature set, worst tech specs and a USB connection.

You’re obviously a troll.

BTW I could fix the PSU MYSELF without the need for an electronics guy. But I’m not wax100beats, and I don’t know if he could. It’s just an unneeded complication of the situation. Can’t you see that?

You’re just having temper tantrums, man.
Also posting eBay items with new prices doesn’t prove anything. The proof and the truth is above your post.

The price are for used items on both.

Its written pre-owned right under the items and its classified as Lowest price + shipping on both.

I’m still waiting for you to bring anything factual to the table other then a USB connection and you not being able to connect a Firewire interface.

Also, where do you know my first name from? I have nothing against to be called by my first name, but is it set somewhere here on this forum?

No its not written anywhere in this forum.

I actually use my tools as they should. Your name is all over google and wanted to know how much of a troll you really were after debunking all false information you brought so far.

My name is Jeff.

I have brought nothing but facts, bro.

FW is dead.
FW makes problems.
It is not easy to build a modern PC with FW.
It is impossible to get or build a modern laptop with FW.
FF UC prices are not much higher than FF 800 prices,
The FF 800 needs a PSU fix.

This all points to the irrationality of your advice.

I just want to spare our fellow from making a mistake.

Jeff, please don’t stalk me.

And I’m not a troll.

Sincerely,
Orkan

FW is dead. - True
FW makes problems. - False, you have problems
It is not easy to build a modern PC with FW. - False, its very easy.
It is impossible to get or build a modern laptop with FW. - False, ask Audio PC lab if you dont believe me or youre unable to build one yourself
FF UC prices are not much higher than FF 800 prices, False, Fireface UC price are MUCH higher then FF800, see pictures attached.
The FF 800 needs a PSU fix. - False, some need, not like the generality you keep on doing

All in all, your issues underline your inability to overcome small isues and you prefer to pay a much higher price for a least capable unit with worst tech specs.

All the proof and facts are stated above.

• FW is dead. - True

Wow!

• FW makes problems. - False, you have problems

Just search for all the problems users had in the past via google. I have witnessed hundreds of cases.

• It is not easy to build a modern PC with FW. - False, its very easy.

It’s not. Only certain FW-cards work flawlessly in conjunction with certain motherboards and chipsets. New motherboards and chipsets don’t want nothing of that FW-business.

• It is impossible to get or build a modern laptop with FW. - False, ask Audio PC lab if you dont believe me or youre unable to build one yourself

How much are they if I may ask? To give the answer: they are muuuuch pricier than normal laptops. You’re fighting fire with fire (pun intended) if you buy such a highly specialized laptop to be able to use FW. Ridiculous!
You can connect a FF UC to ANY laptop and it will work perfectly and with crazy low latency.

• FF UC prices are not much higher than FF 800 prices, False, Fireface UC price are MUCH higher then FF800, see pictures attached.

FALSE as proven by me above. I showed SOLD PRICES. You showed fantasy prices some guy in Japan commands.

• The FF 800 needs a PSU fix. - False, some need, not like the generality you keep on doing

You YOURSELF said it’s obligatory.

You’re really the perfect example of someone who has cognitive dissonance.

Please quote where I said its obligatory ?

On the other hand, here’s you being a troll or a patological liar :

So much for a tantrum thrower

Please go into detail of all bullet points.

That complication is no complication to ME. But you’re recommending someone who’s previous experience you don’t know nothing about to buy a defective unit and to fix it or have it fixed.

I could fix that issue, but never in the world would I want to if I’m not forced to do it for whatever crazy reason, and less so if I have the choice to get a perfectly fine, stable, robust and low-latency USB2 interface by RME for the same price.

I read a little about what you good folks are saying. I too am looking at RME stuff right now, crazy how that works! I’m going even further back in time ha, but I’ll spare that.

RME is tank, build quality and support is regarded top class, drivers and support are very stable, and continuously updated, which is something I really appreciate more than anything with a manufacturer.

As for FW my friend uses a FW interface, you can use firewire with a thunderbolt adapter if you don’t have firewire. Firewire interfaces and things are a steal now because people are preferring the current connectors. FW is a very robust and nice connection. My credo is to sort of dedicate a working machine setup for a purpose, so having a system that’s stable that works is key, rather than shoehorning onto something else. You can use FW with your TB equipped macs/macbooks. I’m an early adopter of FW, knowing of the old Oxford chipsets in external HDDs and OWC caddies and stuff ha, and the issues are when using different cardbus/expresscard/pci card adapters on Windows PC side, where you need to make sure adapter is using good chipset, I believe was NEC. On mac, no probs. This is the kind of nerdstuff roads I travel.

The SSL Six is indeed a cool piece :mechanical_arm: but I don’t think I’m the only one imagining SSL will be including encoder interface in the update. After the release of the SSL 2/2+ it seems to be quite logical. An SSL Six/Eight with interface for <$2k would be a killer.

Cheers all, and all the best! Anything that works well is great! The new Tascam may be nice choice!

1 Like

Also, the big exciting thing, is that the S24 will pipe audio over usb into the computer! so that’s covered! :star_struck: I think this is a very cool feature!

2 Likes

The only nitpick with the pipe over USB would be the missing filter stage. Other than that, it will work for most guys I think.

1 Like

I repeat,

Please quote where I said its obligatory to fix the PSU.

You said youre not a troll, now its your chance to proove youre not a patological liar.

Someone saying that its difficult to source capacitor obviously doesnt know a single thing about electronics.

Its like saying you can buy a used car but good luck finding wheels.

WTF is wrong with you ?

Maybe not obligatory, but you recommended it. Is quibbling about single words all of your skill set?
Other than that I guess posting obviously manipulative statistics of dream prices rather than to stay on topic with realistic used/sold prices is a talent of yours. Man, these antics don’t kick it in 2020, you know.

Please go into detail on all bullet points.

And once again my reminder: Please don’t stalk me :pray:

I repeat,

Please quote where I said its obligatory to fix the PSU.

You said youre not a troll, now its your chance to proove youre not a patological liar.