Real time resample of external FX

Yep, would like this feature very much also.

Resurrecting an older thread, but am wondering if this was addressed in the last update in ‘23? I work with tape echos a lot and would love to print samples with them.

That was already possible in the 2022 release, using the looper (mono, fx only) or bounce functionality (stereo, but sample + fx, so not wet only).

With the 2023 release you now can also use the looper in stereo, so now you can record your fx wet only too.

Thanks again for the kind advice!

Edit: Part of my confusion was down to terminology. Now that I know “re-sampling” falls under “looping” the appropriate video tutorial is helpful. I wasn’t initially interested in this is as a looper, but it looks like what I want is under that wheelhouse.

1 Like

Bounce is the s2400 synonym of resampling, the looper is a workaround for when you don’t want to record the source while ‘resampling’. The 2023 can also place the recording automatically onto a pad, which makes it even better for resampling purposes.

does the bounce action record in external fx as well? if so, how can one do that? can’t seem to find that in the manual.

Yes, the bounce is just recording everything, so also the (activated) input. Even the tweaks you apply live, so you can easily record filter tweaks that way, for instance. But for recording external fx, the bounce records the source signal plus the activated input channel, so no wet only possibilities. You’ll need the looper for that.
The bounce is also very handy for sampling midi tracks onto sample tracks. Just solo a midi track, bounce pattern (or song) and you’ll end up with the audio of your external midi instrument.

2 Likes

hell yeah, thanks for that explanation