Read The Manual

This is just a friendly suggestion to the new crop of 2400 owners about to receive their samplers. Take the time to read the manual and watch the videos now. It seems there are a lot of basic things that folks get hung up on because they don’t at least give the manual a reading through before they get their machine, or when they get stuck.

Also, before you post a new topic in here asking a question or troubleshooting a problem, try to do a quick search using a few different combinations of key words to see if someone else has already had and solved your issue or question.

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, and I don’t want to discourage anyone from posting or asking basic questions. I know we all have different learning styles, preferences and abilities.

I just think it helps keep the forum a little more useful and engaging if we aren’t starting new threads for the same issues and questions over and over, and instead, we are helping to continue and engage with existing conversations.

Thanks for reading this, now go RTFM :wink: :kissing_heart: Congrats Boat Wankers! They’re almost here!

5 Likes

I purchased mine in July 2022. First they said it would arrive in November, then they said end of the year, then second week of January 2023. January is gone now. When is it finally going to arrive?

February. They are assembling units right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The smart move after ordering would have been to follow their social media. Instagram has the latest updates. Don’t worry the wait will soon be over!

2 Likes

That’s assuming you participate in social media.

2 Likes

You can always check the news section of the website too.

https://www.islainstruments.com/news/

1 Like

Yeah, be smart and do it the next time you order something man. Although I doubt it would change anything. It definitely didn’t for me. Delays are delays wether you have access to the latest info or not.

1 Like

Ah so it was just a rant. Sorry I thought you actually hadn’t seen the videos of the shipments being delivered, units being assembled and labels being printed. Same thing happened with my order in 2021, I was just happy to be getting updates.

1 Like

Like internet forums? But yeah, also assuming someone spending four figures on an expensive niche product from a boutique company with a history of shipping delays amid global supply chain issues would be a savvy consumer and be able to tailor their expectations.

Meaning more like ig or Facebook like was suggested.
Not everyone participates there. Forum/news on website makes sense tho.

It was not “just a rant”. Check the meaning of rant in the dictionary and please quit the passive aggressive comments.

Check the meaning of passive aggressive because I’m being direct.

You asked the (rhetorical) question AFTER Brad shared videos of the stock being received at their facility with all hands on deck, obviously to make a point.

People are receiving units as we speak, chill out you’ll be enjoying your new toy in no time.

1 Like

Oh, so it’s unconscious?
I’m relaxed man. Go find something useful to do with your time. Thank you for your interest.

Maybe this convo would be better suited in this thread.

1 Like

Yep. Sorry for the thread derailing.

No worries. It happens. :man_shrugging:

Then read it again while getting acquainted, and again after the honeymoon period. Have come from other workflows and tools there are a few things that took me a good while to wrap my head around. Granted not complicated but my muscle memory and intuition was hard configured to a different system. Looking at you faders, pads and overrides.

3 Likes

Bump.

Someone is gunning for that moderator position :wink: