Possible bug - break sample doesnt fully play

I have a break playing on beat 1 in pattern 0. it strangely cuts abruptly around the 3rd beat, so doesnt complete a bar. the actual sample is about 2 bars in length, when auditioned usng the pad it plays in full. gate mode is off, loop/slice looping is off. it is not part of a choke group. i have re-inputted the sample to trigger on beat 1 whilst checking these settings are as noted above.

when i copy the pattern and erase all other track info, the issue remains. when i start a new pattern, with no track info and add the sample triggered on the first beat, it plays as expected. maybe this is me, but happy to re-test the scenarios if anyone has any suggestions.

tbh this combined with the gain bug is driving me mad, haha. i think im going to just stick to the SP404 until the next update. weird i had no issues with the S2400 a few weeks back, and now it feels its riddled with issues for me.

1 Like

Yes, the gains bugS are very annoying, time consuming and creativity robbing mfs.

About your newly discovered issue: is this breakbeat sample smaller than 2MB (< 10 secs stereo or < 20 secs mono) ?

Or another possibility, that I have encountered a lot:
Is there a double trigger in the sequence at the point the sample cuts out? If so, try removing it in the edit program page until all triggers are removed.

1 Like