I use a small mixer for previewing sounds from a few devices/instruments in collaborative situations. Its nice to be able to preview things to decide if i like them before hearing them in the main mix.
Is it possible to make an option to remove the main “Mix Out” audio from the headphone port?
I use a small 5 channel mixer [a cheap Nady] for all my previewing as well as the main headphone mix:
- 1/4" Headphone signal from a Rane 72 (with the cue/mix knob on 100% cue 0% mix)
- 1/4" stereo preview from my synth mixer
- 1/4" stereo from my workstation soundcard with ableton click-track and ableton preview only
- 1/4" Headphone from the S2400
- Master/Program mix from a different soundcard and mixer chain
It all works well except for when i need to preview the S2400 because the Headphone port contains the main mix, which doubles it in my headphones because i already have the s2400 in the master/program mix.
I think my setup is a bit unique, but it would be handy for alot of people in live or improv situations.