Odd Stuck MIDI bug with Vermona PerFourMer

Hello! This is a tricky bug because I am not sure what is causing it and am unsure how to replicate it without the synth in question (Vermona PerFourMer) but:
When sequencing the Perfourmer using a MIDI only bank - recording using an external keyboard on the correct channel (DIN vs USB doesn’t matter, nor does MIDI focus vs not, nor does enabling/disabling ECHO) works fine. THEN, when playing back the MIDI I recorded - it is all fine. HOWEVER, if I continue to play over the recorded MIDI it causes stuck notes every time.
How are note-offs handled in the ISLA S2400? I am really sad, as the two together would be a dream team.
Also - when played from the on-board pads, the problem doesn’t happen. No idea why.

This seems like it should be a @Mickey thing - I really have no idea what’s going on.

Here is an additionally weird tidbit:

If I run my MIDI Keyboard → ISLA USB Host Port → ISLA DIN OUT into Squarp Pyramid DIN MIDI IN -(basically using the S2400 as a giant MIDI host box)…I can play and sequence on the Pyramid perfectly. Despite the MIDI monitors on both units showing the exact same notes. No stuck notes.
Hence my thinking my S2400 must be handling something in note-on/note-off department differently. My Syntakt is also able to sequence and then play over the Perfourmer without a hitch.

Odd, odd stuff.

Update: this stuck note bug happens with the Michigan Synth Works MSW-810 - same deal, when I play over a sequenced part it gets stuck on notes.

Again, does anyone know how MIDI tracks handle note on/note off info? Why is this happening ONLY with my ISLA S2400 and not other sequencers?

I feel like this is making the MIDI sequencer functionality seem bolted on or extraneous.

I think I have the same issue. I’ll be using my S2400, loving life and all, clocking it from Logic, and some sequence of MIDI commands/things makes the S2400 lock up. When it’s locked up, it is purely frozen. It usually happens when I try to send it a STOP transport command. It doesn’t happen all the time and I haven’t found a rhyme or reason yet, but it’s kind of frustrating at times. I just know to save often so if I need to reboot it, I’m not too far off.