Live Looper - unexpected playback behavior after recording

I’m using the live looper with Monitor Input and Monitor Recording turned off for all tracks. When i am done recording and disarm the track i do not hear what has just been recorded until i commit with the A button of the track.

Is this expected behavior or am i missing something? I would expect to hear playback of what i just recorded regardless of my input monitoring settings.

Thanks!

Expected behavior.

The way my signal chain is i have no need for Monitor Input or Monitor Recording, using either one sends an extra ‘copy’ of the source being recorded to the main program mix. When using it this way it seems to negate the usefulness of the A B commit system, because you have to commit to hear what you’ve just done even when overdubbing. Might as well auto-commit when the track is disarmed in this case, no?
Using it the way i do kind of makes it a Looper instead of a Live Looper. Is the record buffer somehow intrinsically tied to the Record Monitor?

Cheers!

If this is expected behaviour, then +1 for an auto-commit option if using Fixed Length. This would make it work consistently with Latched mode, where you hear the current take as soon as it wraps around. Whereas Fixed Length wraps around without the newest take until you commit. For folks who require Fixed Length in their workflow, the extra tap takes you out of the flow, and also breaks the “live” experience as Slim suggests.