Live looper bug, cutting last bars when pressing A

I had this happen in a jam session with a friend the other day and now it happened again so I thought I’d make a video and post here.

So I have a 4 bar pattern and when recording a live loop over that it plays back the 4 bar loop as long as the loop is still in the record buffer (B button lit), but when committing the loop (pressing A-button) it only plays the first two bars, cutting of the last 2.

This doesn’t happen regularly and I suspect it could have something to do with me having started out with a 2 bar pattern and recorded one live loop over the two bars. Then I duplicated the pattern. The first live loop now only plays during bar 1&2 out of 4, this is another bug I made another post about. So to work around that bug I saved the loop as a sample and played it from a sample track triggered on first beat of bar 1&3 so it plays the loop over the whole 4 bar pattern.

But now everytime I record a live loop the last 2 bars gets cut of when committing the record buffer (pressing A-button).

Here’s a video

Tried restarting the machine and loading the same project again and now it works as expected.

1 Like

I could reproduce the bug multiple times. Here are the steps:

1. Start the machine, record a pattern (Length=1)
  2. Switch to Looper by pressing Shift+F4
  3. Go to Pattern Length and duplicate the pattern
  4. Record a loop (now Length=2)
  5. Press A
  6. As a result, the loop is truncated to Length=1, the second part of the loop is silent.

It seems that loops are always truncated to the pattern length which was set before activating the looper bank.

4 Likes

Exactly!

Also you can’t duplicate the pattern after a loop is recorded, the loop will only play during the initial pattern length and be silent for the other half.