Scroll down for the latest KordBot Firmware
Step 1: Update Bootloader
This only needs to be done one time. If you have already done it, proceed to Step 2.
Using the old update method please update your KordBot using this bootloader firmware:
kb_bootloader.dfu (29.2 KB)
(WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING THIS ON WINDOWS)
If you need a refresher on how to achieve this, follow along with this video:
KordBot Tutorials - How to Update Firmware
Step 2: Update Firmware
This is the only step you need to do if you have already updated your bootloader.
- Scroll to the bottom of this topic and download the most recent firmware file.
- Copy the file onto a FAT32 formatted SD Card and then insert the card, gold contacts facing up, into your KordBot.
- Connect USB and power up, You should see some text on the screen showing you that KordBot is updating. The update process should take around 15 seconds.
V 6.1 2021-10-15 Release Notes
- Fixed Maj13 button registering a press when other keys pressed
- Fixed multiple issues with MIDI DIN and Bluetooth output dropping notes and leaving hung notes
- Fixed issues with strum and arpeggiator leaving hanging notes
- Fixed issues with MIDI DIN input
- Changed start-up defaults to hold=on and holdtime=0
- Changed menu text to white
kordbot_20211015.upf (656.5 KB)
Not the most recent version
V 6.2 2021-11-30 Release Notes
- Fixed Maj13 bug
- Fixed saving/loading of user scales
- Category/Project Name Editor
- Made font larger
- No need to click on each letter before clicking OK
- File Manager
- Simplified process of selecting a category and project
- Added rename function
- When creating new categories or projects, default folder name is automatically numbered
- Visual improvements (colors, font size, layout)
- No need to mount the SD card, just insert it, automatically mounted if card is in at power on
- No need to do “make system disk” for new SD cards
kordbot_20211130.upf (656.5 KB)
Not the most recent firmware.
V 6.3 2021-12-01 Release Notes
kordbot_20211201.upf (656.5 KB)
This is the most recent firmware.
Each firmware update file is complete and includes all previous updates.