Emax Sample Format

Have you thought about the ability to read Emax sample format? It would be great to be able to read old banks from the Emax I and II.

never say never

2 Likes

I’m Ok to start learning to code if I have to! :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Especially that my emax is really getting tired, that poor old thing.

I use Chicken Systems translator to convert my old floppies, cd roms and hard drives into other formats. It’s a bit cumbersome, but I got it working and was delighted to have my old school friends back! Now they can load into almost anything.

2 Likes

Another approach would be to publish your file format. Then it could be used as a conversion target by EMXP, Chickensys, Sample Robot, etc.

is the format documented somewhere?

@av500 Here is some information and a few utilities too.
http://www.philizound.co.uk/freebies/software/decode-emu/decode-emu.html

I think this is for more “modern” Emu formats. But the Emxp option could definitely work.

The full suite of samplertools was 50% off on Black Friday so that upgrade path might be available Boxing Day, maybe. It and chicken system translater are at www.samplerzone.com its a family biz that specializes in conversion software for all sample formats.

if we can have the s2400 read also ensoniq formats like asr10 eps classic and eps16+ this will be mind blowing lol

2 Likes

Peep a software by Chicken Systems called Translator. You can convert several formats, including Ensoniq, to WAV.

1 Like

endorsing Chicken Systems products as a good pro tool

1 Like