Clicks instead of sounds

Brad seems like a cool guy, I’m sure he would work something out with. Hoping for the best for you.

I just put my second unit away in the case in the closet a few months ago and I live in a high humidity area. I have a de-humidifier in the room but still this thread prompted me to buy some 10 gram silica packets. From what I can tell from given the dimensions of the ISLA case 50 grams of silica was suggested.

1 Like

Damn man I’m really sorry. What kind of humidity do you have where you live?

Yeah same. I just put a 50 gram packet in my hard case today. I used mine about a month ago without any issues, and used it again today just to make sure there were no symptoms similar to the ones described in this thread. Everything seemed fine! So I’m hoping that prevents any issues from arising. I definitely think that suggesting a desiccant pack for use in the case would be a good thing to mention in the user manual. Maybe adding a small “care and upkeep tips” section to the beginning of the manual would be possible.

1 Like

I did the same with my unit I pulled it out, let it get back to room temp, fired it up put the 5 packets of 10 gram silica in the case and have kept her out of the closet since. I think I may have originally put it away after it had been off for a while which probably helped some.

1 Like

What a frightening thread. So I should never store my Isla away for a substantial amount of time, unless it’s with a silica packet?

If you’re storing it in a watertight case then I think that is good advice. If you’re storing any kind of electronic device in a water tight case it’s probably good advice. I’ve just never had a case like that so it had never occurred to me. I’m sure lots of folks in here are in the same boat.

1 Like