Stereo channels cannot be panned left using CC10.
My use case:
- Assign a stereo sample to e.q. pad A3 and assign the output to a channel that is panned for stereo.
- Send a CC99 with value 2 (activating A3)
- Send a CC98 with value 10 (activating CC10 for A3)
- Send a CC06 with value 0
- Listen to the panning: sample sounds like it was already, in the middle.
- Send a CC06 with value 127
- Listen to the panning: sample sounds only on right.
- Send a CC06 with value 64
- Listen to the panning: sample sounds somewhere in between the middle and right.
I’m using the headphone for testing. I don’t know if this also occurs on the mix outputs. I also did not test what happens if you send CC10 directly to a channel.
When sending CC06 with value 0, I expect the stereo sample to be panned hard left, in the same manner that the sample is panned hard right when sending a value of 127.