Undo-Redo?

Is this already a option or a future consider?

16 Likes

up just in case but

i expect it exists

1 Like

I second this. it would be extremely useful.

2 Likes

I could be wrong so don’t hold me to this but I think there is an undo or erase type function that is pretty accessible but as far as I know there is no redo … yet but that would be cool.

Are you thinking several steps back and forward? or just one undo/redo?

1 Like

i think a list of undo would be great but when i sit and think about it , not vital or even close, 1 is plenty

i spend so much time on my old MC 808 and that has 1 undo, octatrack too, i have spent years and years riding that baby and 1 undo (only at certain levels) is fine, i never really use more than 1 in cubase or maschine

let us not forget this machine is about flow etc, adding unending stuff like an undo menu kinda takes away from the organic nature of it i think

would like 1 undo personally just cuz sometimes we do make massive cock ups don’t we :face_vomiting: :rofl:

4 Likes

Agreed. Nothing worse than adding something to a track and being slightly off then having to reprogram that entire track due to lack of an undo feature…but those are the pitfalls I’ve accepted for the sound this old gear provides.

6 Likes

Another vote for undo/redo

3 Likes

One level of undo is good for me.

7 Likes

If there is no undo (like the 1200), then I just save often. Then I can revert to the saved version to undo. Also, copy pattern, then I can copy it back to undo.

8 Likes

Yup, having a copy of the pattern has laways worked great when I remember to do it.

1 Like

Yeah, I just copy a sequence on the SP. Only annoying thing is can end up with a lot of sequences you’re not gonna use so can get a little confusing when it comes to song mode.

So for me even just the one level of undo would be a great feature.

I would imagine this is definitely on Brad & teams radar to implement.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature request. No time consuming workaround please.

6 Likes
  • 1 for this feature. Copying sequences all the time can get messy. One level of undo would be a great feature.
3 Likes

+1 for just one level of undo record too. I know when I’m recording riffs and grooves using Multi Mode I will never get it right first time and an instant ability to redo would be amazing. Maybe erase turns on as soon as record is on and gives you ability to undo that recording, if you toggle record off whilst playing it commits your recording to the pattern so you have a great way to build up a groove gradually if you are recording over 8 bars for instance and can discard and add ideas instantly. I like the idea of one undo forcing you to be ruthless in what you keep and save.

3 Likes

+1 hugely helpful

1 Like

Got my vote for Undo/Redo :+1:t4:

2 Likes

One more vote for Undo/Redo…maybe my #1 feature request. Loving the S2400 though!

4 Likes

So do i copy/redo guys

What about using the “Back” key to implement Undo/Redo?

7 Likes

+1

2 Likes