Time stretch: Warble [INVESTIGATING]

I know that time stretch in general is hit or miss but I’m seeing a repeatable issue. This may be expected behavior due to the way the algorithm works but:

Stereo samples are warbling horribly at various settings (stretch %, granulation, etc.). The same samples (various) when sampled in mono, stretch perfectly with no artifacts with settings matching the stereo versions.

I keep my machine in Classic mode so I haven’t tried this with “hi-fi” samples. Also, for clarity, these samples are external and varied (cds, vinyl, tv streams, etc.) using inputs 1 and 2.

1 Like

Could you upload a single sample, and the exact time stretch settings you’re using to hear this ‘warble’?

I’m attaching the stereo and stereo stretched. Oddly, it didn’t warble nearly as bad this time, however, that may be due to content as the selected sample is kinda sparse.

Using Beats method, the original sample was stretched from 99 to 108 with a granulation setting of 100. (Also, when sequencing, both samples looped properly at 1 bpm higher than the 2400 detected but that could be my lack of truncation skills maybe. 99 at 100; 108 at 109.)

The stereo version was also markedly louder than the left, right, left right mixed test samples also when sequenced but that could be user-error. (Or, it all could be user error.)

Should you need the additional test samples, I have a full zip available.